What might make you uncomfortable:There may be levels of God's peace and grace you have yet to access.
Today's Devotional:Finally, we have reached the good news of Romans! The first three chapters of Romans serve as reminders of the unrighteousness of men. Chapter 4 reminds us that righteousness can only come from faith. And here, in Chapter 5, we began to see the good news attached to God's righteousness.
Psalm 103 says "Bless the Lord, Oh my Soul, and forget not all His benefits." There are truly many benefits attached to the awesome gift of salvation Jesus has given us. Read a few of them below as described in Romans 5:
- We have been made righteous by faith (5:1)
- We have peace with God (5:1)
- We have access to God (5:2)
- We have hope and joy beyond suffering and beyond difficult situations (5:3-4)
- We have endurance, character, and hope in God (5:4)
- We have been given the Holy Spirit (5:5)
- God's love has been poured on us through the Holy Spirit (5:5)
- Jesus is strong when we are weak (5:6)
- God doesn't wait until we are perfect to show His love to us (5:8)
- Christ died for us (5:8)
- We are saved from the wrath of God (5:9)
- We are no longer enemies with God (5:10)
- We have been reconciled to God (5:11)
What an incredible list of the benefits of our salvation.
Bless the Lord, Oh my soul, and forget not all His benefits!
Post a Comment